Layered Peppermint Cheesecake for the Holidays!
Oooh yummy! Isn’t the photo below gorgeous? Luv it! Wouldn’t you love it for desert on Christmas?
In my erotic romantic suspense “Peppermint Creek Inn”, my heroine, Sara, has a small peppermint company where she makes all kinds of things out of peppermint. Soaps, teas, candies, deserts, etc…Sara lives in the desolate wilderness of Northern Ontario, Canada. The peppermint leaves she uses are harvested from a nearby creek. The creek meanders past her Inn, named Peppermint Creek Inn.
When a wounded man with amnesia shows up at her Inn one stormy night, they are trapped together due to bad weather. Matt falls in love with Sara and her peppermint cheesecake. Here’s a lip smacking recipe that I like to think of similar to the one Sara whips up for her sexy hot hero Matt. Enjoy!
I found this delicious recipe and picture via Pinterest!
Peppermint Cheesecake Layers:
3 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
2/3 cup crushed hard peppermint candies
Sour Cream Cake Layers:
1 (18.25-oz.) package white cake mix
2 large eggs
1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
1/3 cup vegetable oil
White Chocolate Mousse Frosting:
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup white chocolate morsels
2 cups whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Garnishes: White chocolate curls, peppermint candies
1. Prepare Peppermint Cheesecake Layers: Preheat oven to 325°. Line bottom and sides of 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil. Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 Tbsp. butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 1 to 2 minutes or until creamy and smooth. Add 3 eggs, l at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add flour and next 3 ingredients, beating until blended. Fold in candies. Pour batter into prepared pans. Place cake pans in a large pan; add water to pan to depth of 1 inch.
2. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until set. Remove from oven to wire racks; cool completely in pans (about 1 hour). Cover cheesecakes (do not remove from pans), and freeze 4 to 6 hours or until frozen solid. Lift frozen cheesecakes from pans, using foil sides as handles. Gently remove foil from cheesecakes. Wrap in plastic wrap, and return to freezer until ready to assemble cake.
3. Prepare Sour Cream Cake Layers: Preheat oven to 350°. Beat cake mix, next 3 ingredients, and 1/2 cup water at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds or just until moistened; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Spoon batter into 3 greased and floured 8-inch round cake pans.
4. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
5. Prepare White Chocolate Mousse Frosting: Cook 2/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Add morsels; cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes), whisking occasionally.
6. Beat cream and 2 tsp. vanilla at high speed with an electric mixer 1 to 2 minutes or until soft peaks form. Gradually fold white chocolate mixture into whipped cream mixture, folding until mixture reaches spreading consistency.
7. Assemble Cake: Place 1 cake layer on a cake stand or plate. Top with 1 frozen cheesecake layer. Top with second cake layer and remaining cheesecake layer. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread top and sides of cake with frosting. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired.
Melodie Belcher; Lagrange, Georgia, Southern Living
And if you are interested in checking out my erotic romantic suspense “Peppermint Creek Inn” Book 1 in my Undercover series at Ellora’s Cave here is a sneak peek:
Peppermint Creek Inn
She wants to forget her past…
Sara lives alone in the isolated wilderness of Canada…until one stormy night when an injured fugitive with amnesia forces his way into her home and straight into her wounded heart. He’s dangerous, tastes of dark, delicious sex and unleashes lusty cravings she never knew she had. Although there can be no future with a sexy man accused of murder, she’s willing to do whatever it takes to keep him in her life and in her bed.
He needs to remember his past…
She smells of sweet peppermint and makes him burn with hot desire. He wants her, needs to be deep inside her and yearns to forget the terror-filled flashbacks that haunt him. Crooked cops and a romantic ghost town hold the secrets to his mysterious past, and if he’s ever going to give her a future they both crave, he’ll have to prove his innocence, even if it means facing his dangerous past head on.
Note: This book was previously released at a different publisher. It has been extended and extensively revised to express the steamier side of suspense.
I’d like to take this opportunity to wish everybody a very Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!!
Posted on December 21, 2012, in Jan Springer and tagged adult ebook, adult ebooks, amnesia erotic romance, amnesia erotic romance ebooks, amnesia romance, christmas recipe, double penetration, ellora's cave, explicit sex, intimate stranger, jan springer, kiss me, layered peppermint cheesecake, peppermint, peppermint cake, peppermint cheese cake, peppermint creek inn, peppermint tea, romantica, sex toys, sexy ebook, undercover series. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.