I am not much of a cook. Mostly I chop vegetables for salads or stir fries or to “warm them up” in the oven. However of the last couple of months I have become a little bit more daring and it is due to a fabulous cookbook: The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Lidden. It is a vegan cookbook, but all the recipes are easy to follow and most of the ingredients are in your cupboard. One of my new favourites is the
Mighty Chia Pudding Parfait:
3 tablespoons (45ml) chia seeds
1 cup (250ml) non-dairy milk (almond or coconut are my favourite)
1/2 teaspoon (2ml) pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 to 3 teaspoons (7-15ml) maple syrup or agave nectar to taste
fresh fruit, whatever is in season or to your liking
1. In a medium bowl whisk together chia seeds, milk, vanilla extract and syrup. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours to thicken.
2. Serve the chilled pudding in glasses alternating with layers of fresh fruit and/or granola. You can also add ice cream to the mix.
As you can see super-easy and very quick prep-time. Then you pop it in the fridge and pick it up whenever you fancy something sweet.
Do you have a favourite summer desert?
Yep, I said it.
The blog challenge this week is to design a “Pleasure Planet.” Well, I’ll happily do that, but let’s face it.
What flips my switch doesn’t necessarily flip yours. Although if sales of my kinky novels are any indication, some of you do enjoy the same things–you dirty readers, you. 😉
So here’s MY interpretation. I am the goddess of the Planet Pleasure, and I’m creating this world.
Wanna come live here with me?
1. WE ARE ALL EFFING SEXY. We’re still US, but when we want to we can snap our fingers and change our shape. Want bigger boobs? *snap!* Want a curvier ass? *snap!* Got a craving to be more svelte one day? *snap!* See? How much pleasure would that be? We can all eat what we want and look like cover models.
2. WE ARE ALL OPEN TO EXPERIMENTATION. Okay, I’m going to say it. There are SOME people that don’t like to experiment in the bedroom. And we still love them, but damn it, sometimes it’s okay to want to be spanked. On MY world, you can tell your lover, “you know what? Today I really think I’d like you to dress like Jack Skellington and do me with two zucchini while you flog me with the belt from your karate class.” And there’d be no O.o. Just a gleeful acceptance to try any and everything that each of you could come up with.
3. WE ARE ALL EXPERT MASSAGE THERAPISTS. Because, come on. I need to be rubbed every now and then.
What else is there? I know there’s more that you want. Since I am a benevolent goddess, I will entertain your whims below. 😉
Welcome to Planet Pleasure.